The tenants of 85 Bowery, who have been kept out of their homes for months by their landlord and the City, are resuming a hunger strike on May 30th to demand Mayor Bill de Blasio stop colluding with landlords and developers.
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! New Yorkers are fed up with Mayor de Blasio’s collusion with landlords and developers that force tenants out and displace communities across the city. The Bowery tenants refuse to be victims. They are fighting to go back home and taking the lead to put an end to de Blasio’s displacement agenda.
The tenants and supporters demand Mayor de Blasio:
- Guarantee on paper a deadline by which the tenants can return home
- Stop having City agencies evict tenants on behalf of landlord
- End his pro-developer displacement agenda instead, pass community-led rezoning plans like the Chinatown Working Group plan.
We call on organizations to join and help turn the tide of displacement; and to call, for community-led rezoning that is for working people, and by working people.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Endorse the Hunger Strike using this form.
- Sign up to Volunteer!
- Share our event launch via social media and RSVP here.